To set up an ACE portal account, fill out the ACE Secure Data Portal Application.
Be ready to provide the following when applying:
- Name of the Company officer, title, and date of birth.
- Organizational structure; Corporation, Partnership, Individual, LLC, etc.
- Fiscal year end month and day.
- Importer number.
- Trade Account Owner (TAO) full legal name, date of birth, and email address. The TAO should be the person that will actually utilize the ACE portal, assign roles, add additional users, run reports and monitor items. This may not necessarily be the President of the company, if that person would not regularly use the portal or access the portal at all.
- Point of contact for the account with full legal name, date of birth, and email address.
The TAO must complete a “signed” ACE Application as proof of designation of the Account Owner and submit it to Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Please note that the “signature” can be digital as noted on the ACE Application. This document must be signed by both the Principal and the Account Owner.
Once the application has been submitted, you will receive an immediate email confirmation. Be sure to use check you SPAM filter and provide the correct email address.
A response email from the ACE application team advising your account has been created along with your temporary password and further instruction should be received in no longer than two weeks and will be in two separate emails.
We Won’t Tattle
but we know that you sometimes drive too fast, occasionally forget a friend’s birthday, and one or two of you have even broken a New Year’s resolution.
You’re not alone.
But let's agree that regulatory compliance isn't a flexible issue.